1.19.2007

Update

As I thought about this blog post yesterday I thought it would be a curse loaded rant about the inexplicable inability of our medical system to talk to itself (we were told to get to our appointment yesterday at the following times by that many people 8am, 7:45am, 10am, 10:45am and 11am and our actual appointment never really actually ended up starting until noon) and why they insisted on making a 2 year old on steroids wait that long in a day to eat. I'm over it now.

Eliot made it through yesterday's procedure (a spinal tap and bone marrow biopsy during which they sedated him) with flying colors - save the understandable, intense and unending begging for food.

We'll know the results of that stuff within the week - by next Thursday at the latest. The result will tell us if Eliot is in fill-in-proper-medical-term-here remission (also known as super duper fabulous extra special specific remission). It will also tell us the course of the next 5 months of his treatment.

This week we get to just give him his medicine that prevents pneumonia (why does that word start with a p?) and the other one (the overdose under dose one) that prevents fungal something or other. This means we get to give Eliot medicine only in the mornings and then its 1 mL of medicine on every day of the week except Monday and Tuesday when we add a medicine in the morning and one in the evening. Woo hoo baby! Easy sailing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pneumonia starts with a p because it comes from the Greek word (oops, I don't have my Greek keyboard here) pi nu epsilon upsilon mu omega nu which means lung. We keep the p in honor of Patrick New Lisbon, a famous Greek warrior who traveled to south central Wisconsin.

Hang tight, we are all praying and hoping for the best for all of you!

Dadder

19/1/07 12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that Patrick was Thad's cousin once removed on his Moither's side.
Sara, what have you got against fungus?

The kidney hat trick

19/1/07 12:58 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I was on 60 mg of steroids a day for awhile - I remember the hunger. Even when my stomach could hold no more I still had the hungers. And if I had not eaten - I would eat anything (don't come too close to me then) in sight.

19/1/07 4:19 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Also I was on a total "high" - could not sleep - would lay down and stare at the ceiling. Talked non-stop (oh - maybe that has not changed LOL). High highs and low lows (TBTG - not too many of those).

19/1/07 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats