Bless Bowling Keif
Our awesome neighbor Summer had a bowling party fund raiser tonight for her triathlon (can you imagine doing a triathlon???) for which she is raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (you can help her out by clicking on her web site). At the last minute I decided to take the kids and go to the party.
I put my little travelling hand sanitizer thingy on my belt and went for it.
When we got there it was pretty amazing. They had a picture and story about Eliot. They announced that he was there. It was humbling. It was amazing.
Our neighbor Keith who is married to Summer let Eliot come check out his bowling when it was his turn. Eliot asked to have a turn too and Keith got one of those awesome kid ramps and Eliot 'bowled'.
On Keith's next turn he let Eliot have both of his turns.
On the way home I asked Eliot if he would ever want to have a 'bowling with Keith party' and if he did who he would invite. He was quiet for a long time and then said, Keith and Summer and then went through the list of everyone in our family. He was very thoughtful about it.
I have a head ache and am out of the blog groove - so lets just say it was unbelievably amazing and if I felt better I would have actually expressed that.
Here is the kicker. And I know I keep writing about Eliot and his 'bless you's' at night. They're just so wonderful. I can't help myself.
Aron did bless you's with Eliot tonight and one of the bless you's was --- bless bowling --- no. bless bowling with Keif.
Mind boggling. Mind boggling-ly precious.
I put my little travelling hand sanitizer thingy on my belt and went for it.
When we got there it was pretty amazing. They had a picture and story about Eliot. They announced that he was there. It was humbling. It was amazing.
Our neighbor Keith who is married to Summer let Eliot come check out his bowling when it was his turn. Eliot asked to have a turn too and Keith got one of those awesome kid ramps and Eliot 'bowled'.
On Keith's next turn he let Eliot have both of his turns.
On the way home I asked Eliot if he would ever want to have a 'bowling with Keith party' and if he did who he would invite. He was quiet for a long time and then said, Keith and Summer and then went through the list of everyone in our family. He was very thoughtful about it.
I have a head ache and am out of the blog groove - so lets just say it was unbelievably amazing and if I felt better I would have actually expressed that.
Here is the kicker. And I know I keep writing about Eliot and his 'bless you's' at night. They're just so wonderful. I can't help myself.
Aron did bless you's with Eliot tonight and one of the bless you's was --- bless bowling --- no. bless bowling with Keif.
Mind boggling. Mind boggling-ly precious.

1 Comments:
and bless you for taking your kids out to such a cool, fun event. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home