8.07.2007

Bridge Collapse

Eliot is really tuned into the collapse of the bridge (and how could he not be, we can't turn on the radio or drive around town or even go to church without hearing about it).

For months and months the kids have gotten a charge out of walking under Aron's legs when he is standing up. Eliot calls it walking through Daddy's bridge.

He'll even climb under our legs when we're sitting down with our feet propped up.

If I'm leaning on something he'll walk under and say he went under my bridge.

He has even tried 'making a bridge' for Naomi to climb under with varying levels of success.

Yesterday he asked me to make a bridge by putting my arms on the counter and then leaning back.

Then he told me to make the bridge collapse.

I fell down in the funniest way I could must with my gigantic walking boot on my leg. I thought it would lead to uproarious laughter.

Like most of my jokes, it didn't (don't you think its sad that I'm not even funny with the under 5 crowd).

Instead Eliot said he wanted to be a car and ride down when the bridge collapsed.

So I let him climb on my back and then of course Naomi climb on my back and we made a bridge and then it collapsed.

I hoped again for some laughing.

No laughing was had. It was a serious exercise.

I missed a little moment too I think. Instead of asking more about the bridge collapsing I kept going with the funny gag thing. Trying to make it a funny game.

This morning Eliot made a bridge out of towels and told me about it.

When I came in to see it he pulled the towels down and said the bridge collapsed.

Again, I didn't get it. I didn't really get it, at least I don't think I did.

I didn't asked him more about the bridge collapsing. I think I was just a bit quiet and then said something benign like, "how about that, the bridge collapsed."

If another bridge collapses in our house I hope I manage to ask more.

2 Comments:

Blogger xb blog said...

real stuff, these bridge collapses

8/8/07 5:53 PM  
Blogger Coley said...

thats really interesting that a three year old has caught that much. very interesting.

15/8/07 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats