3.21.2006

Fries or a salad?

I was engrossed in figuring out our financial life today and was sorting paper and typing numbers most of the morning while Eliot patiently played on his own. When it was time for lunch I warmed up a random mish-mash of stuff out of the refrigerator - boiled potatoes and carrots, some canellini beans out of a can, some two-day old macaroni and cheese, vanilla yogurt and some mung bean sprouts. I bought the mung bean sprouts the other day because I've been eating a lot of salad lately and Eliot just isn't into spinach and arugula. I thought perhaps he'd eat the crunchy sprouts for a little toddler salad - they have vitamin c and they're cheap and easy to prepare (how hard can opening a bag and putting the sprouts on his plate get right).

He took a bite of the first mung bean and handed the rest to me. I figured he didn't like them and would leave the rest. Amazingly, a few minutes later he managed to distract me from my money stuff to ask for more and I looked at his plate and his sprouts and his yogurt were gone. So I refilled both and dove back into the money. And then I caught the most amazing thing out of the corner of my eye. He was dipping the mung beans into the yogurt - like french fries and chowing down on them.

Wisely he didn't even touch the left-over macaroni and cheese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats