3.19.2006

Taking care of the baby

I've been writing so much about how sweet Eliot is with Naomi that I've failed to mention how he has been caring for his baby doll. I noticed him holding his doll last week and moving it around trying to figure out the right position for holding. I kind of thought he was trying to figure out how to nurse his baby and then the final position had the feet up near his shoulder and the head down under his arm pit - so I'm not sure that is really what he was going for. As a matter of fact - I'm not sure what he was going for.

Sadly I can't seem to catch some of the sweeter moments because the camera is highly interesting to him lately (yesterday we were looking through it and zooming on on different things - one of which included daddy - now today he wanted to look through it and see daddy again - even tho daddy is at church).

He carries his baby around and does random tasks like pull his blanket, look out the window and play one-handed with toys. He sings songs to his baby too and kisses the baby. I made a bed for the baby in the little cubby of his step stool and he has started going in there to put the baby to sleep. The baby even rides in Naomi's swing and gets to drink out of his sippy cup and eats some of his snacks.

He was holding his baby this morning with it all swaddled up in one hand and playing with his toy bus and toy bull dozer with the other hand and looked at me and made his race car noise. I need to get the video carmera out for these moments.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking thru to see daddy is hilarious.

19/3/06 5:57 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Oh my word he is so sweet!

20/3/06 6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats