Naomi's second church meeting
I went to a church meeting last night (the Bishops Commission on Metro Mission Strategy for those of you who know what in the world that is) and brought Naomi since I still haven't really figured out this breast pump/bottle thing. She fell asleep in the sling Vicki gave us (yeah, we love the sling) on my chest with her hands folded under her head. It was so adorable. I wish I had a camera with me to catch it.
At her first church meeting (a meeting of the deputation for General Convention from Minnesota) she slept in the wonderful sling and I got crumbs all over her at lunch. I found crumbs in the folds of her neck 2 days later. mmmmmmm.....nice snack:)
I feel sometimes annoying bringing her (and felt the same with Eliot) to meetings. I also feel revolutionary in a way. Its this crazy mix in my mind of things. One, I'm a stay at home mom who does't wear pearls but on good days really tries to have things calm in the house when Aron gets home. Two, I do things like be a deputy to General Convention which I guess is somewhat of a throw back to the stay at home moms volunteering and keeping the world running - but thats a big deal - at least I think it is. And there are so many people at these meetings who are far, far from raising kids, it feels like here I am - this 31 year old showing up for a church meeting and I care and I have a voice too.
I'm some weird mix of jet-setter meets sweat pants and spit up wearing mom meets opinionated annoying 31 year old. Well something like that.
I'm not feeling terribly articulate while Eliot sits next to me eating cereal and wiping his snotty nose on the sleeve of his pajamas.
Oh gosh and just as I finished writing that I started to get up to get a kleenex to wipe his nose and he picked up the dish towel that was sitting on the table (yes I think the only clean one in the house) and wiped his OWN nose. And then clapped for himself. Priceless!
At her first church meeting (a meeting of the deputation for General Convention from Minnesota) she slept in the wonderful sling and I got crumbs all over her at lunch. I found crumbs in the folds of her neck 2 days later. mmmmmmm.....nice snack:)
I feel sometimes annoying bringing her (and felt the same with Eliot) to meetings. I also feel revolutionary in a way. Its this crazy mix in my mind of things. One, I'm a stay at home mom who does't wear pearls but on good days really tries to have things calm in the house when Aron gets home. Two, I do things like be a deputy to General Convention which I guess is somewhat of a throw back to the stay at home moms volunteering and keeping the world running - but thats a big deal - at least I think it is. And there are so many people at these meetings who are far, far from raising kids, it feels like here I am - this 31 year old showing up for a church meeting and I care and I have a voice too.
I'm some weird mix of jet-setter meets sweat pants and spit up wearing mom meets opinionated annoying 31 year old. Well something like that.
I'm not feeling terribly articulate while Eliot sits next to me eating cereal and wiping his snotty nose on the sleeve of his pajamas.
Oh gosh and just as I finished writing that I started to get up to get a kleenex to wipe his nose and he picked up the dish towel that was sitting on the table (yes I think the only clean one in the house) and wiped his OWN nose. And then clapped for himself. Priceless!

4 Comments:
Ha! I love it when they wipe their own nose! Addie points to her nose (never mind the snot that she's already wiped across her face) and says "nos" When I give her the kleenex she just touches it to her nose and makes this little puff of air.
I think you are a strong and capable woman. Bringing your kid to meetings at this point in her life is so easy! Why not do it?!
Oh Sara, you're amazing.
Computer?!
Post a Comment
<< Home