5.22.2006

A Little Leftie

Aron and I (the lefties that we are) have claimed on more than one occasion that we decided to have kids so we can make more lefties in the world.

Eliot is showing signs of being right handed - of course we won't know for sure what his handedness is for some time - still for now the fact that he consistently puts balls (or trucks, or food, or soaking wet towels) into his right hand to throw them is leading us to believe we might have a little right handed kid. We said before he was born that if he turned out to be right handed we'd give him back. I think we've had him around wayyy too long tho to do that now - so I guess we'll just have to deal with it.

Naomi is sucking he left thumb these days. So we're full of hope (which of course Eliot did and filled us full of hope and well...I digress) that we'll have a leftie. We do seem to know where her political opinions lean. She laughed a serious, long baby laugh at our friend Mark the other day. I mean a long, loud baby laugh. A sound so unambiguously laugh that I couldn't believe it. Her smiley little self has made sounds like squeals and little laughs before and this one was a serious, major knee slapping laugh.

When we saw Mark the next day I wanted him to make Naomi laugh again for Aron to hear it and I asked Mark what he was doing that she cracked up about. His response was hilarious to me, "I was being George Bush," he said and then he made a goofy face and talked like he was a real dumb ass and said "I"m a stupid president. I'm a stupid president" and as if on cue Naomi laughed again. It wasn't the big, long, crack up from Saturday and it was defiantly a laugh.

I told Nancy and Rob about that last night and Rob did his own Mark does George Bush with the goofy talk and weird face and said "I'm a stupid president" and she laughed again.

She doesn't laugh for any old funny faced dance. Believe me I made a complete fool of myself over and over on Saturday night trying to get her to laugh for Aron. Silly songs, funny faces, goofy dances don't do it. Its the George Bush says 'I'm a stupid president' that gets her any time.

++ Note to Homeland Security - this blog is completely fictional - there is no need to open a file on young Miss Naomi Ruth Kramer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sucked my left thumb and I am a righty. not to burst your bubble but if you are learning to right and your left thumb is in your mouth it only leaves your right hand to do the writing

23/5/06 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats