Phone Calls from Home
Aron and Eliot called me the other day to leave a message. Eliot said what a lion says and he said hi and mama and he counted to ten with Aron and said train (toot toot) and said bye bye. I have two pictures of Eliot and one of both kids sitting at my space at our table on the legislative floor. Its nice to get to see his cute face while I'm there. Right now I feel far away from him. The day before we left I had some music playing and he wanted me to pick him up so we danced for a while. I can imagine what it felt like to hold onto him and dance around the house. It will be good to be home and being away isn't the heart wrenching thing I thought it might be - just mostly a dull ache and happiness that I'm here doing something important.
I've been getting updates about his adventures from Vicki and Nancy and Aron of course. I wonder how he'll be different when we get home. He is already, it seems, pronouncing words better.
I've been getting updates about his adventures from Vicki and Nancy and Aron of course. I wonder how he'll be different when we get home. He is already, it seems, pronouncing words better.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home