Will I Ever Learn
The very first time I voted it was in a primary race (I think) and I had NO clue who to vote for so I chose one of the people because his last name didn't sound like a brand of beer. I was in high school and sick of people getting drunk and doing stupid stuff. That person ended up winning the race by 1 point and made my parents and all of our neighbors really angry. I decided then and there I'd never vote for someone who I didn't know I wanted to vote for and that I'd use higher standards than what their name sounds like.
Today I voted for a guy who I did some research on and felt good about. I took the kids to the polling station - it was Naomi's first chance to vote - and Eliot and I talked about voting and they got stickers. I did the best I could to impress upon them the importance of voting.
The guy I voted for won and is currently still celebrating at the night club next door (it is 11:45pm). He was even standing right below our bedroom window for a while and we could see the flashes from cameras going off. Wow - how awesome at 11:30pm. Aron slept for all of 3 hours last night. I haven't slept well in days. We both tried to go to bed early (Aron really early) and now we're enjoying an historic bit of revelry. Oh yeah.
This guy - if he wins in November - will be the first Muslim in the US Congress.
Today I voted for a guy who I did some research on and felt good about. I took the kids to the polling station - it was Naomi's first chance to vote - and Eliot and I talked about voting and they got stickers. I did the best I could to impress upon them the importance of voting.
The guy I voted for won and is currently still celebrating at the night club next door (it is 11:45pm). He was even standing right below our bedroom window for a while and we could see the flashes from cameras going off. Wow - how awesome at 11:30pm. Aron slept for all of 3 hours last night. I haven't slept well in days. We both tried to go to bed early (Aron really early) and now we're enjoying an historic bit of revelry. Oh yeah.
This guy - if he wins in November - will be the first Muslim in the US Congress.

2 Comments:
Oh yeah, revelry, I remember it more as living hell and a bunch of people trying to outduel each other with their bass levels in their cars. Very annoying, go Ellison, but stop partying so darn late.
What was up with the drumming in the parking lot? Let's hope at the Keith picks another place to throw his bash in November. I dare say his crowd of DFLers was worse than Thursday night hip-hop!
Post a Comment
<< Home