More FAQs
Sara aren't you pissed off?
I guess I'm not to the pissed off place yet. I'm probably bound to get there one of these days. Right now I'm thankful and feeling lucky and feeling sad. Monday when they said leukemia I literally thought that meant we'd be bringing Eliot home to die (I was hugely misinformed about leukemia). I thought this would be the last Christmas of his life and he'd spend it dieing on our couch. Today was worlds better than that. I also thought we'd be going into $40,000 of debt this week and our reality is worlds better than that. I also thought Eliot would be in the hospital for the next year or so and the reality of two weeks is 50 weeks and worlds better than that. So I'm not pissed. I'm happy.
I'm sad off and on lately. Eliot will be in surgery (for a spinal tap and bone marrow biopsy) on Naomi's first birthday. That detail just makes me cry every time I think about it. I don't know why. It just does.
What if I say 'die', or 'sick', or 'dieing' or 'I could just die' or complain about something trivial around you?
Don't worry about it. Those are manners of speech. I don't mind. And I owe the universe a few of those anyway. I once said something (a totally trivial thing) was driving me crazy and made me want to shoot myself in the head right in front of a class mate whose relative just shot himself in the head. Yeah. Classy. Timeless.
Death is a possibility right now. A slim one. And a possibility. No need to ignore it. And definitely no need to walk on egg shells around it either.
Please do go ahead and complain about trivial things (or bigger than trivial things too) around me. If there is anything I've consistently been told I'm good at in my life its listening. I don't want leukemia to make it impossible for me to be a friend too.
What are some ways to help?
Here are some things I've learned in the last week I sure didn't know about before. The children's hospital can always use donations of children's books and 'brave bucket' toys. When kids get poked they get to choose a prize out of the 'brave bucket'. The prizes are small toys kids can have in their rooms that also fit in a bucket that is easy to carry.
I don't know who to give them to if you get some. If anyone out there figures it out let me know. If I figure it out I'll let you know.
I have some other blogs from a few days with lots more info about how to help too.
How are you coming up with these FAQs?
Yeah I present this like people are asking me all of these questions. They aren't. Well people are asking me some of 'em and the rest I make up. If you have a question please ask. I'm not sick of talking about this yet.
I guess I'm not to the pissed off place yet. I'm probably bound to get there one of these days. Right now I'm thankful and feeling lucky and feeling sad. Monday when they said leukemia I literally thought that meant we'd be bringing Eliot home to die (I was hugely misinformed about leukemia). I thought this would be the last Christmas of his life and he'd spend it dieing on our couch. Today was worlds better than that. I also thought we'd be going into $40,000 of debt this week and our reality is worlds better than that. I also thought Eliot would be in the hospital for the next year or so and the reality of two weeks is 50 weeks and worlds better than that. So I'm not pissed. I'm happy.
I'm sad off and on lately. Eliot will be in surgery (for a spinal tap and bone marrow biopsy) on Naomi's first birthday. That detail just makes me cry every time I think about it. I don't know why. It just does.
What if I say 'die', or 'sick', or 'dieing' or 'I could just die' or complain about something trivial around you?
Don't worry about it. Those are manners of speech. I don't mind. And I owe the universe a few of those anyway. I once said something (a totally trivial thing) was driving me crazy and made me want to shoot myself in the head right in front of a class mate whose relative just shot himself in the head. Yeah. Classy. Timeless.
Death is a possibility right now. A slim one. And a possibility. No need to ignore it. And definitely no need to walk on egg shells around it either.
Please do go ahead and complain about trivial things (or bigger than trivial things too) around me. If there is anything I've consistently been told I'm good at in my life its listening. I don't want leukemia to make it impossible for me to be a friend too.
What are some ways to help?
Here are some things I've learned in the last week I sure didn't know about before. The children's hospital can always use donations of children's books and 'brave bucket' toys. When kids get poked they get to choose a prize out of the 'brave bucket'. The prizes are small toys kids can have in their rooms that also fit in a bucket that is easy to carry.
I don't know who to give them to if you get some. If anyone out there figures it out let me know. If I figure it out I'll let you know.
I have some other blogs from a few days with lots more info about how to help too.
How are you coming up with these FAQs?
Yeah I present this like people are asking me all of these questions. They aren't. Well people are asking me some of 'em and the rest I make up. If you have a question please ask. I'm not sick of talking about this yet.

1 Comments:
Just wanted you to know that we think of you, pray for you, and talk about you all the time at our house. And by you--I mean all of you! I love hearing your voice here--you write just like you and that is a talent not everyone has. We send positive energy your way constantly--hope you're receiving it : )
Take care & see you around soon, I hope.
Post a Comment
<< Home