12.24.2006

So Many New Things


I have seen Eliot do so many things I've never seen him do before in the past week I'm not sure I can remember all of them. Note his twirled spaghetti in this picture. He did that. I've never seen him do that. Ever. And he did it with his left hand no less!

And then he ate it.

He has also repeatedly danced along with movies and tv shows. He interacts with the tv now. He didn't used to do that before. He used to just sit quietly and watch.

He also tries to get the attention of nurses and doctors and our visitors by being cute and engaging them in games. He used to do whatever he could to be sure no one looked at him.

He talks a lot. Almost constantly sometimes. He has a lot to say. I heard him in bed the other night just saying Naomi, Daddy, Mama, Antie Lorlie and on and on and on.

He tells people to come near him or to leave him a lone.

He is noticeably so totally Eliot. When his face was puffy (and it will get puffy again) he didn't look like himself and yet was so completely and utterly Eliot it was stunning. He is also a new version of Eliot that is such a joy to watch unfold.

He literally got in my face today saying he wanted to go to the play room. He moved his face around until it was in my face and made eye contact and said 'go play room'.

Yesterday I heard him count to four. One. Two. Three. Four.

I think his little brain finally has enough oxygen to put all the things he's been seeing around him together. Its truly amazing. Amazing doesn't even get close to saying what it is. Its remarkable. Its. Well. Its. So. Alive. The kid is alive. He is very, very alive. Perhaps more alive than he has ever been.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats