Do Church
We did a fair amount of churchy things while in the hospital. Not the least of which was celebrating the Eucharist with a priest friend who visited and brought her patten and chalice (wow I hope those are the correct words for the plate and cut for the bread and wine). We said prayers and shared the bread and wine right there in the hospital room. I've never done that before.
The next day another priest friend visited, also in her collar. While we visited Eliot said 'do church' a few times. I was confused. I told him we would do church later (I thought he was referring to the day we said some prayers and blessed him before his first surgery). Before our friend left she offered to say some prayers (during which Eliot told me shut my eyes) and then it dawned on me. He saw her collar and wanted to share the Eucharist.
Holy crap.
We decided to meet him in the middle with a few short prayers and some Veggie Booty on the lid of a large Sun-Maid Raisins box and a promise for 'bread church' soon.
The next day another priest friend visited, also in her collar. While we visited Eliot said 'do church' a few times. I was confused. I told him we would do church later (I thought he was referring to the day we said some prayers and blessed him before his first surgery). Before our friend left she offered to say some prayers (during which Eliot told me shut my eyes) and then it dawned on me. He saw her collar and wanted to share the Eucharist.
Holy crap.
We decided to meet him in the middle with a few short prayers and some Veggie Booty on the lid of a large Sun-Maid Raisins box and a promise for 'bread church' soon.

1 Comments:
Wow. Cool.
It's amazing to me how much kids key in on communion...I've had one of my kids say to me when we missed church or were thinking about not going or something, that they wanted to go because they wanted to have communion!
I should tell you the story about when my daughter started taking communion too - but some other time - I don't want to dominate your blog w/ my stories.
Post a Comment
<< Home