1.12.2007

Its Starting

I'm not sure its obvious in this picture. Eliot's really getting 'steroid face'. I regret (I'm not going to gloss over it - I know I shouldn't regret it and I do and I also shouldn't 'shouldn't' myself - there there it is - I regret this) not taking a picture of him each day this week. I could almost see the puffiness get more and more each day. Not a lot more. Still more.

He also put his sweet head on my knee yesterday and I massaged his head for a while. I noticed several of his beautiful, fine, blonde hairs on his shirt and then in my hand and when he sat up on my leg.

I can't really tell his hair is leaving. I'm sure as time goes on here it will become more and more obvious to me and others.

I was feeling really sad about his hair going about ten days ago. I feel less sad about his hair now. Now I still mostly feel sad about his eye lashes. Look at those eye lashes.

Is it vanity. Is it fear of change. Is it silly. Is it totally understandable. Yes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kourtney said...

Today I was undressing Eva and thinking about Elliot's eyelashes. Since birth Eva has had this brown layer of velvety hair from her back to her butt and I've always in the back of my mind cursed her father's Lebonese genes that gave her this body hair that she'll probably battle with wax, razors and tweezers to meet some ridiculous fashion standard... but today I thought about how totally tragic it would be to lose it if she were sick. I would be sad about eyelashes too.

12/1/07 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats