More FAQ
Some kids from church wanted to know about this and I think its a really cool question.
How are Eliot's chemo therapy treatments given?
Right now he gets chemo therapy two ways. When they do his spinal taps they also inject chemo therapy into his spinal fluid. I've never been there when they actually do that. I think its with a shot or something. They do let us be there with Eliot when he goes to sleep for this procedure and they call us in the moment he wakes up so as far as he know's we're there for the whole thing.
He also gets his chemo therapy through a port they put in his chest. Its under his skin and has a tube that connects to a vein in his chest. Before we go to his clinic visits we put some stuff on his skin above the port to numb in and when we get to the clinic they put a needle into the port and then inject the chemo into an IV that is connected to his chest. I sure hope that made sense. This web site explains it well. It even has a picture.
Eliot will also receive chemo therapy by mouth at some point in his treatment. I don't know if it will be a liquid or a pill. I'll try to remember to let you know when I find out.
How are Eliot's chemo therapy treatments given?
Right now he gets chemo therapy two ways. When they do his spinal taps they also inject chemo therapy into his spinal fluid. I've never been there when they actually do that. I think its with a shot or something. They do let us be there with Eliot when he goes to sleep for this procedure and they call us in the moment he wakes up so as far as he know's we're there for the whole thing.
He also gets his chemo therapy through a port they put in his chest. Its under his skin and has a tube that connects to a vein in his chest. Before we go to his clinic visits we put some stuff on his skin above the port to numb in and when we get to the clinic they put a needle into the port and then inject the chemo into an IV that is connected to his chest. I sure hope that made sense. This web site explains it well. It even has a picture.
Eliot will also receive chemo therapy by mouth at some point in his treatment. I don't know if it will be a liquid or a pill. I'll try to remember to let you know when I find out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home