Strike A Pose
Why am I always at a lack of words when it comes to Naomi?Its not like there aren't stories. Like when she greeted me every night when I came home from the hospital with a huge smile, racing toward me as fast as she could on all fours. Or like yesterday when I realized she had a big ol' green booger on the tip of her finger which I assumed she fished out all by her very own self. Or how hilarious she is to just hang out with on any soft surface (couch, bed, pile of blankets) because she just launchers helself in every direction in her own super spontantious and trusting and (scary) fearless manner.
I'm blown away. Maybe its her age. All of the amazing things happening in her life. She is so close to standing up and walking and refuses all help. She has made it clear that she'll come to it on her own time without undo help from anyone. She is starting to talk. She says hi and it sounds like (forgive me) she is deaf when she says it. She says bye bye (bah bah bah bah bahhh). I'm pretty darn sure she said mama today and meant me when she said it.
Maybe its because she is a little girl. Goodness. How does a little girl grow up in today's world. How do I be part of that? Its a huge mystery to me. Goodness. What am I going to do when it comes time for make up. Thank you God that I have a lot of gay friends!
There is part of the best parenting book I've ever been always starting and finishing at the same time. The Parent's Tao Te Ching by William Martin
'Meditation' number 25 is called 'Clouds of Light'. I reming myself of what it says as often as I can.
25.
Clouds of Light
The look so small and frail
but they are so great and magnificent.
They are born of the same womb
that birthed the cosmos
and knitted together the galaxies.
If you could see them as they truly are,
you would be astounded.
You would see not little children,
but dancing clouds of light,
energy in motion,
swimming in an ocean of love.
They are so much more
than what you see.
As are you.
I think its because of this that I don't know what to say. I see so much and I know there is so much, much more.

1 Comments:
Very nice meditation.
I don't know when TIME for makeup comes, but let me tell you, INTEREST in it sure comes early!! I'd love to do a little reality check with you on a couple related topics.
But makeup or not, I love it when I can get myself tuned in enough to enjoy the spontaneous, unselfconscious smiles of enjoyment on my kids' faces (or my own.)
Post a Comment
<< Home