More Good Eats
A big deal with the medicine Eliot is taking is that it can, shall I say, plug you up a bit. I don't enjoy giving him medicine and would like to avoid drugging him up as much as possible. So I've really been trying to keep him regular the 'natural' way. This is a challenge considering he sits around for massive chunks of the day and seems mostly interested in eating cheddar cheese and McDonald's fries (I'm not kidding about that).
As it turns out he has been more regular this past week than ever before (which has also been true for Naomi and me).
I give the credit to the amazing food that has been prepared and magically delivered to us on a regular basis.
Here is another great recipe.
Soup
The soup -- I just kind of throw things in...something like this:
Put about 1/4 cup olive oil in a big ol' pot. Then, add all your spices. I used a dash of turmeric, a spooful of cumin, a bit of basil, a dash of dill, pepper and salt, and always, cayenne pepper.
Then, cut a bunch of onions and add to oil/spice mixture. Cook until spice mixture spread evenly over onions (2-3 minutes). Then cut up carrots, potatoes, celery and add to onion mixture. Cook until all are coated in spices.
Now, add vegetable stock and coat over veggies. I have a pressure cooker, at this point, I add water and canned tomatoes and a wad of garlic. (I only buy 1 brand of canned tomatoes--they are expensive but taste WAY better. They're at Seward in a orangey can , Tuscan organic tomatoes).
If you don't have pressure cooker, just add water, tomatoes, and garlic and cook until carrots, potatoes are soft. Then, after veggies are basically done, add black beans.
I think that's what i made for you.
That sounds like what we had and its goooooo-o-ooood.
As it turns out he has been more regular this past week than ever before (which has also been true for Naomi and me).
I give the credit to the amazing food that has been prepared and magically delivered to us on a regular basis.
Here is another great recipe.
Soup
The soup -- I just kind of throw things in...something like this:
Put about 1/4 cup olive oil in a big ol' pot. Then, add all your spices. I used a dash of turmeric, a spooful of cumin, a bit of basil, a dash of dill, pepper and salt, and always, cayenne pepper.
Then, cut a bunch of onions and add to oil/spice mixture. Cook until spice mixture spread evenly over onions (2-3 minutes). Then cut up carrots, potatoes, celery and add to onion mixture. Cook until all are coated in spices.
Now, add vegetable stock and coat over veggies. I have a pressure cooker, at this point, I add water and canned tomatoes and a wad of garlic. (I only buy 1 brand of canned tomatoes--they are expensive but taste WAY better. They're at Seward in a orangey can , Tuscan organic tomatoes).
If you don't have pressure cooker, just add water, tomatoes, and garlic and cook until carrots, potatoes are soft. Then, after veggies are basically done, add black beans.
I think that's what i made for you.
That sounds like what we had and its goooooo-o-ooood.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home