4.01.2007

All Done. Bubble. Bzzzzzzzz.

Naomi is having what the child rearing books (and I'm only saying that from a faint memory, I haven't cracked open a child-rearing book in wayyyy too long) refer to as a language explosion.

Yesterday at the end of breakfast (after Naomi threw her entire meal all over the dining room, smeared it in her hair and managed to get some in her diaper) I asked her if she was all done and she looked at me and said, 'all done'. Just like that. A baby talk version of all done. Still. Clearly. All done.

Later she and I were reading her favorite book which has pictures of animals (appropriately she ADORES the piglet in the book) and she pointed to the bubble coming out of the fish's mouth and I said 'bubble' and she said 'bubble.' Bubble. Just like that. Bubble.

When we got to the end of the book she pointed to the bumble bee and I told her a bumble bee says 'bzzzzzzzz' and she said 'bzzzzzzz'. Well she said 'bthththtththththth'. Still. In new-to-talking-language it was clearly bzzzzzzzzz. Her bzzzzzz even comes complete with a Stevie Wonder-esque head move. The whole thing is very bee-ish.

Naomi. Naomi. Good God. Her name gets no where near naming her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats