I Could Do THIS All The Time
The past few days have been pretty chemical free. Eliot has had the week off of meds and finally yesterday and today felt like days without steroids.
We have laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed.
Eliot and Naomi have played together. I even sat and read a book while they played yesterday.
Over the weekend I talked with a mom who had a sick kid until he was about 2. She didn't know he was sick and just parented along. Just like I did.
After he had the treatment he needed (tonsils and adnoids or something removed) he started talking and growing and learning and reading books and stopped clinging to her at every moment in every new situation and became much more of a normal kid. Whatever the hell normal is.
We were talking about how burned out we werewith these super clingy kids and how different it is now that our kids feel good.
The last few days I've been thinking about how I could totally do the stay at home mom thing.
I realize having two healthy kids can still drive a person batty - the precarious financial situation, the long hours, the tedious chores.
I also got the honor of watching my two kids chase each other around 3 times today. I got to sit on the front step and play with my kids for hours yesterday. I read a book while they played together in the sand box. I sat leisurely at the breakfast table the other day balancing cups on my head and Eliot's head and laughing deep belly laughs when they fell on the floor.
If only I could be paid to do this. I mean paid something that would fill up my retirement fund and buy groceries that is.
We have laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed.
Eliot and Naomi have played together. I even sat and read a book while they played yesterday.
Over the weekend I talked with a mom who had a sick kid until he was about 2. She didn't know he was sick and just parented along. Just like I did.
After he had the treatment he needed (tonsils and adnoids or something removed) he started talking and growing and learning and reading books and stopped clinging to her at every moment in every new situation and became much more of a normal kid. Whatever the hell normal is.
We were talking about how burned out we werewith these super clingy kids and how different it is now that our kids feel good.
The last few days I've been thinking about how I could totally do the stay at home mom thing.
I realize having two healthy kids can still drive a person batty - the precarious financial situation, the long hours, the tedious chores.
I also got the honor of watching my two kids chase each other around 3 times today. I got to sit on the front step and play with my kids for hours yesterday. I read a book while they played together in the sand box. I sat leisurely at the breakfast table the other day balancing cups on my head and Eliot's head and laughing deep belly laughs when they fell on the floor.
If only I could be paid to do this. I mean paid something that would fill up my retirement fund and buy groceries that is.

1 Comments:
I'm so glad you all had such a good day!
Post a Comment
<< Home