More Unexpected Tears
I set up my donations web page for the Twin Cities Marathon run I'm doing with Team in Training just now.
They give us a ton of tools to help us raise the $1700 we need to raise (for every $1 I raise 75 cents go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society).
I was going through pictures to find one of Eliot to put up there - because I'm racing in honor of him.
I found all of these pictures from when he was in the hospital (which I'd show you except I can't seem to get Google to cooperate right now) and started crying.
He had hair. He looks so little. His face was all skinny (which it isn't right now), he seems naive to me, so innocent in those pictures.
Sigh.
My little boy is still a little boy. He is also now closer to 3 than he is to 2. And he has had to do some growing up in the past months.
Sigh.
Well. This race is something I can do. Its something tangible I can do to hopefully prevent other little boys and girls from having to do extra growing up when they're little.
I also hope it will be a good way for me to make friends with people who don't think of me as a priest's wife.
I'm also hoping I'll loose a bit of this 'holy shit my kid has cancer oooh I think I'll eat' weight.
If nothing else all of this crying should certainly cause some water weight to be shed.
They give us a ton of tools to help us raise the $1700 we need to raise (for every $1 I raise 75 cents go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society).
I was going through pictures to find one of Eliot to put up there - because I'm racing in honor of him.
I found all of these pictures from when he was in the hospital (which I'd show you except I can't seem to get Google to cooperate right now) and started crying.
He had hair. He looks so little. His face was all skinny (which it isn't right now), he seems naive to me, so innocent in those pictures.
Sigh.
My little boy is still a little boy. He is also now closer to 3 than he is to 2. And he has had to do some growing up in the past months.
Sigh.
Well. This race is something I can do. Its something tangible I can do to hopefully prevent other little boys and girls from having to do extra growing up when they're little.
I also hope it will be a good way for me to make friends with people who don't think of me as a priest's wife.
I'm also hoping I'll loose a bit of this 'holy shit my kid has cancer oooh I think I'll eat' weight.
If nothing else all of this crying should certainly cause some water weight to be shed.

1 Comments:
I don't think of you as The Priest's Wife. :) I think of you as our very own thongalicious Sara!
Post a Comment
<< Home