5.16.2007

Arm Pumps Baby

We made it.

There are no more steroids in pill form in our house anymore. The bottle is full of only air and steroid dust and its in the garbage can never to be seen again - unless of course Naomi digs through the poopie diapers and slime from the bottom of the kitchen sink to retrieve it and suck on it which is entirely possible.

Whew.

We made it.

I imagine Eliot will be up to eat tonight. He might be up twice. He'll probably wake up early.

Or since we have an 8 am appointment he'll sleep in and we'll have to torture him further by waking him.

He did laugh today. He did smile.

He also farted disgusting Sara-like farts all day and then filled his diaper with about a half gallon of pudding right before bed.

The poor kid was home with my saint-like mom while I was out gallivanting at the park with Naomi (and having an amazing conversation) with a diaper full of mud lying on the floor in front of the door waiting for me.

Dear God. The sadness of coming home to that.

Soon enough he'll feel good again and have normal poop and feel better and I won't feel quite so awful for leaving him home.

He moaned a lot today.

And his stomach hurt a lot today.

And he ate everything in sight today and my mom went to the co-op no fewer than 5 times today and more like 10 to get him treats.

He layed on the couch today and just layed around.

Some part of me is able to see beyond the horror of this and know its all for good. Some part of me is also able to just detach in a way so that I don't feel how sad it is. Some other part of me has learned how amazingly resilient kids are and is able to trust that he really is okay no matter how bad this looks. Some other part of me is so tired I can't even take anymore in.

We get a week off of medication starting right now and ending next Thursday morning.

Then we're on meds for 2 weeks. Pretty intense meds. He'll have his port accessed for 4 days in a row, twice during this next intense time.

His hair is falling out quickly. I bet he'll have a shiny dome by the time this is over.

I haven't taken nearly enough pictures.

Someday I bet I'll regret that. Right now I don't know how I possibly could have remembered to take more on some of these crazy days.

We made it through this super scary time. We're on the other end. We're still okay.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

woooo hoooo!

17/5/07 9:22 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Sara and Aron
Please keep in mind that no matter what anyone else does for your beautiful children, you are the ones Eliot waits for to wipe his tears. You are the ones who take the midnight shifts day after day after day. You are the ones who take too few precious chances to have a little peace and quiet for yourselves.
It is a joy to watch you parent your children. It is a joy to watch you support each other.
Mom

17/5/07 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats