6.13.2007

Words Are Never Enough


I continue to not know what to say about this kid.

She is so determined.

About an hour ago she was trying to climb up on the chair in the living room. She is so close to being able to do it. I threw her a pillow and suggested she stand on that to climb up. She screamed and cried and picked up the pillow and brought it back to me. Its about half as long as she is. Carrying that thing for her is like me carrying two big, bulky sleeping bags is for me.

She knows what she wants. She knows how she thinks she is going to get it. She only takes help when she is ready and when she is ready she lets us know in no uncertain terms that it is expected and its expected right now.

She is also sweet. She shares. She shares food. The other day she took two pieces of Life Cereal out of the box and gave them to me before she took her own.

She is a mystery. A mystery I expect I'll never solve.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

May I also add that she's really good with babies? Or, at least with Arlo. She seems to know just how to play with him. For as rough as she is to herself, she's extremely gentle with him. She gives him her toys and sits quietly to play with him. In the next instant she jumps on a bed and purposefully throws herself at the mercy of the big kids. Auntie Nancy hearts Naomii!

19/6/07 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats