Just Before The Bite
Aron caught this picture several weeks ago. See how peaceful Naomi looks and I look. It was so much fun to sit in the chair with the kids and have Aron around.
What neither Naomi nor I (Aron didn't realize it either) is that right as this picture was snapped Eliot was getting ready to bite the heck out of Naomi's finger. See it there.
Just a fraction of a second after the camera did its thing I felt Naomi tense up and then she screamed. She screamed as only Naomi can scream.
Out of nowhere that day Eliot just took a bite right out of her finger.
I was going to make a big philosophical statement about how sometimes life just bites you right in the....well right in the finger. And how if you could go back and see yourself just before that moment you might be surprised at what you see. And that is all true.
I'm just too freaking tired today to really say it in any sort of articulate way.



3 Comments:
Holy Jesus, that picture is awesome! Look at how tranquil Naomi is - that is such happiness! And Eliot is so focussed and so intense with that wide open mounth. HA ha ha! I mean, poor Naomi!
that's an amazing photo. you and naomi look so calm and eliot already knows what is about to happen.
Oh my gosh, I was going to say what a wonderfully peaceful picture that is! Those almost three year olds have a bit of the devil in them!
Post a Comment
<< Home