6.04.2007

These Are The Days

Soon enough I'll have a hard time remembering the anxiety provoking and insane days in the hospital, the days I didn't know if I'd ever figure out how to give Eliot his medicine, the painfully long days after painfully sleepless nights, the bald head.

Soone nough today and days like today are what I'll remember of Eliot and Naomi's childhoods.. We went fishing with Gramma and Grampa. Then we went out for lunch. Then we came home and Eliot and Naomi and I all took extremely long naps. Then we ate dinner. Yes I cooked and the kids ate what I cooked.

Then we played outside and talked to neighbors and laughed.

Then Aron was home to put the kids to bed.

I caught about 8 fish this morning. I haven't caught a fish in years. I had more fun doing that than I've had in longer than I can remember. I had a genuinely good time. And the kids did too. And so did Aron.

I think we turned a corner.

And just writing this I'm tearing up. I can breathe. I can breathe. Life is slowing down. I can breathe. I can laugh. I'm crying.

Thank you God. Seriously. Thank you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Lawton said...

I smiled to read this today!

5/6/07 12:23 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

That picture just about sums it up. They look so happy!

Happy Wonderful Wednesday!

6/6/07 1:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It was a lovely day, a sweet day, and a day to celebrate! A great day to build good memories - :)

7/6/07 9:50 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Catching up with your life - this is so great.

11/6/07 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats