Does This Make Me A Bad Person?

I'm aware that these two darling children (who were not sleeping here - they were just being silly - I would NEVER let my kids get so tired that they passed out on a rug) had an adventure of a life-time this morning. Their awesome aunties Laurie and Amelia planned an adventure into the park across the street from their new place. They dragged the moving boxes from their recent move (which includes two gigantic mattress boxes) into [oops! edit later on - what I meant to say was ACROSS the street not INTO the street] the street for a full-on toddler maximum fun adventure.
And I'm not sad that I'm missing it.
Both of my sisters and my new sister Amelia and my niece and my two kids - so basically a huge chunk of my top 20 favorite people ever were all having a great adventure and I spent the morning paying bills.
And I'm not sad.
I'm happy to be here.
Maybe I'm not a bad person. Maybe I'm just basically insane.
And in dire need of time to myself. Which I'm having and happy for. Very, very happy for. Very. Very. Very happy for.

3 Comments:
we need to to a poll.
sara mcginley.
BAD
or just insane?
I'm glad you're taking alone time sara. The kids and the big kids had a blast and it will happen again and you'll be in a better place to enjoy it.
Dude - it rocked. It was so fun. And, being at home in a quiet house paying bills or staring at the wall rocks. It's soooooo fun! Isn't it great to not be involved in some fun your kids had? I love hearing about Izza's fun when she comes home.
And, I'll take kevin's poll. You're a bad person. :P
Post a Comment
<< Home