We're Okay
I noticed one of Eliot's chemo pills sitting on his dresser yesterday afternoon. That means that Tuesday night I remembered to actually get Eliot's medicine (and a cup of water) and bring it upstairs and put it on the dresser (right next to the diaper wipes so I wouldn't miss it). And then I managed to forget to give it to him altogether.
In my life I've not been a terribly consistent medicine taker. I found out in junior high that I'm allergic to milk. Which means I've consumed a total of about 9 glasses of milk since I was 13. I was instructed to take calcium pills. Oops. Haven't ever been able to keep that one up.
I was supposed to take pre-natal vitamins while pregnant and nursing. Oops. Didn't keep that up.
The few times I've been on antibiotics in my life I've always managed to miss at least 1 or 2 or 3 or a few more doses.
I've just never been a committed medicine taker.
Over 9 months ago Eliot was diagnosed. He has had an amazing recipe of medicine. On some days he was given medicine at 3 and 4 times a day. Each day of the week is different.
I have remembered each day I've been around which was pretty much every day except about 5.
And the other night I forgot.
And although I realize its not recommended to skip a dose of chemo.
I feel like we crossed a line into being really okay. Normal.
We've arrived in the world where I'm relaxed enough to goof up.
Yeah. Sigh. Sigh. Thank gawd. 9 months and 10 days.
In my life I've not been a terribly consistent medicine taker. I found out in junior high that I'm allergic to milk. Which means I've consumed a total of about 9 glasses of milk since I was 13. I was instructed to take calcium pills. Oops. Haven't ever been able to keep that one up.
I was supposed to take pre-natal vitamins while pregnant and nursing. Oops. Didn't keep that up.
The few times I've been on antibiotics in my life I've always managed to miss at least 1 or 2 or 3 or a few more doses.
I've just never been a committed medicine taker.
Over 9 months ago Eliot was diagnosed. He has had an amazing recipe of medicine. On some days he was given medicine at 3 and 4 times a day. Each day of the week is different.
I have remembered each day I've been around which was pretty much every day except about 5.
And the other night I forgot.
And although I realize its not recommended to skip a dose of chemo.
I feel like we crossed a line into being really okay. Normal.
We've arrived in the world where I'm relaxed enough to goof up.
Yeah. Sigh. Sigh. Thank gawd. 9 months and 10 days.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home