How I Know I'm Done With the At Home Gig
Exhibit A - about a month ago Aron and I were sitting in a restaurant and we saw a woman walk through the lobby with her 7 year old or so son - she saw some people drinking beers and said something like, "Oh doens't that look fun." She essentially said, wow, I wish I wasn't a mom right now - right in front of her kid. Aron looked at me and said, "Thats you."
Exhibit B - I think I eat out of boredom. I'm fat now.
Exhibit C - I spent an amazing 14.5 hours out of the house without my children yesterday and with adults who I enjoy. I mentioned no fewer than 6 million times how happy I was to not be with my kids. So I basically talked shit about my own kids behind their backs all day.
Exhibit D - Yesterday I was given the option of what task I'd like to do to help out. My response was, "anything but stuff with kids." I ended up doing dishes for over an hour. I was perfectly happy about it.
Exhibit B - I think I eat out of boredom. I'm fat now.
Exhibit C - I spent an amazing 14.5 hours out of the house without my children yesterday and with adults who I enjoy. I mentioned no fewer than 6 million times how happy I was to not be with my kids. So I basically talked shit about my own kids behind their backs all day.
Exhibit D - Yesterday I was given the option of what task I'd like to do to help out. My response was, "anything but stuff with kids." I ended up doing dishes for over an hour. I was perfectly happy about it.

6 Comments:
it's time sara. the proof is clear.
1. You are not fat, I just saw you, and you are not.
2. You were spending time with your 'other' self, laughing and having a good time. I heard no shit.
3. It is OK to be done - no need to beat yourself up about it.
4. You are loved.
Better to realize you are done and do something about it than to completely burn out. You could write 12 step program! :)
more poling tending toward sarah being a bad person... according to some stupid person's standards.. who exactly is this guilt monologue aimed at?
I agree with the other comments and I need to say that having seen you I think that the weight you may have added is that big stupid plastic boot you seem a need to wear (all the time) in public. We all *sigh* and say look at that poor girl yet another victim of fascist beauty standards.
As for your 14.5 hours outside the house at the MDG Rave, well that was tossing a whole party for little baby Jesus and I did not see anything resembling the smack talk against kids. I mean really.
I went and played with the kids and the whole time I thought damn I should of picked the dishes. But, no that wiley one got the glamor job, and I just got hit in the head with a ball. So sad.
I've been thinking ever since I read this, "Sara's butt is fat? Really? Is it really?"
It's not. If I have to think about it for a few days, it's not.
Post a Comment
<< Home