We Have Lift Off
Naomi has been telling me when she needs to go potty lately by patting either the front or back of her diaper and saying 'poop'.
Everything that leaves her body and lands in her diaper is poop.
When she tells me I ask if she wants to sit on the potty. She says yes. She tears her pants and diaper off with reckless abandon. She sits on the toilet happy as could be and uses about a roll of toilet paper every time to wipe her perfectly clean parts.
Until today she would just sit there but not actually release anything.
Until today she just sat there for a while and then put her diaper back on and about 5 minutes later actually peed or poo'd in her diaper.
Not today.
Today while she sat there happy as could be I decided to turn the faucet in the sink on.
Shazam.
She peed.
Then wiped.
Then washer her hands.
She did that twice today.
I don't want to count my eggs before they hatch yet I still can't resist the urge to imagine that I might be back to changing just one kid's diapers soon.
Oh goodness. Could it be. Could it be. Could my daughter be potty training herself before she turns 2.
This is one break I'd be so happy to take.
Everything that leaves her body and lands in her diaper is poop.
When she tells me I ask if she wants to sit on the potty. She says yes. She tears her pants and diaper off with reckless abandon. She sits on the toilet happy as could be and uses about a roll of toilet paper every time to wipe her perfectly clean parts.
Until today she would just sit there but not actually release anything.
Until today she just sat there for a while and then put her diaper back on and about 5 minutes later actually peed or poo'd in her diaper.
Not today.
Today while she sat there happy as could be I decided to turn the faucet in the sink on.
Shazam.
She peed.
Then wiped.
Then washer her hands.
She did that twice today.
I don't want to count my eggs before they hatch yet I still can't resist the urge to imagine that I might be back to changing just one kid's diapers soon.
Oh goodness. Could it be. Could it be. Could my daughter be potty training herself before she turns 2.
This is one break I'd be so happy to take.

3 Comments:
Smooth move with the water faucet!
Rock on Naomi. Rock on.
Nana
OH MY GOSH I'M SO EXCITED FOR HER I COULD JUMP up AND down! AAA!
Naomi is about to kick some potty training ass! And this little piggy went wee wee wee all into the toilet. Go Naomi!
Post a Comment
<< Home