5.31.2006

Crawly Thing

Yesterday Eliot, Naomi and I were sitting outside when I saw a hairy, scary looking spider. This picture is not the actual spider I saw but it looks similarly horrific. The only reason I saw the hairy thing is because Eliot pointed it out as it crawled around on the chair I was sitting on just an inch from Naomi's feet and inches from his face. I freaked out. I told Eliot not to touch it and had to hip check him away from it to keep him from picking it up. I grabbed the first thing I could find (an orange Nalgene bottle) and pounded the spider (which I of course missed a few times so I had to keep pounding and pounding). I smashed that spider flat without even a hint of 'oh look at that Eliot, a spider, how cool' or 'oh wow, now go get your ball while mommy moves the spider.' Nope. I just brutalized that thing right in front of both of the kids. Smashed it to bits and oozed anxiety and fear all over them.

Ironically, just 10 minutes before that Eliot had asked to watch the cars. I couldn't figure out what he meant and searched through all of our videos trying to see if there was something he'd watched with Aron. Finally, after searching and searching I decided to turn on the tv. The closest I could come to cars was COPS which I told Eliot I wouldn't let him watch because it was too violent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats