7.15.2006

Eliot's Baby

There is so much more to say about today like how fun it was to play with Isadora this morning and the fun times hiding behind the curtains, and how insanely hot it was today, and how incredibly fun it was to play with Howard and Linda tonight and how strong and capable and smiley Naomi is.

And I have a horrible sore throat and a runny nose and so I'm going to talk about Eliot and his baby.

Linda and Eliot played with the baby tonight while I changed Naomi's diaper and put her to bed. When it was time for him to go to sleep he asked repeatedly for me to put the baby in his bed. Usually when he asks to have a toy at night I usually say now. This happens often and I just don't want to do the whole give Eliot a toy and have to come take it away 45 minutes later when he's really tired (a mistake I've made a time or two - remember the Green Balloon).

I gave him the baby tho. I fully prepared myself for the horrible return trip probably to be scheduled just as we sat down for dinner. I thought it was worth it tho. He looked so happy. He laid the baby down in the bed and then he sat in the corner of the crib and propped his baby next to him. When I peeked over my shoulder while leaving the room I saw Eliot sitting there looking at his baby. It was heart breakingly sweet. Insanely sweet. The kind of thing you blog after 10 pm sweet.

And to top it off he didn't stay up - he went to sleep. I love it when I'm wrong about things like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats