1.06.2007

Naomi

Not long after Eliot's diagnosis two things dawned on me. One, it was suddenly going to become extremely easy to spoil Eliot. Two, it was suddenly going to become dangerously easy to give Naomi a lot less attention.

If there has been one worry I've had more than others (and this one I've had even more than the most horrifying worry of all - losing Eliot to this disease) its that Naomi would become the ignored younger sister of two needy older siblings - Eliot and leukemia.

As it turns out she has had more time one on one with Aron, me or both of us than she has probably ever had. Eliot naps a lot and has been going to bed really early. We've had enough help around the house that I'm feeling more available to the kids than I've ever felt.

I still watch Naomi from time to time, especially in Eliot's more whiny moments and hope like hell she makes it through this whole crazy time feeling like she has parents and a real, full spot in the family.

God give me energy to be present to my children in their most fun and most frustrating moments. Give me centeredness to be present when I can be. Give me continued clarity about my priorities. Please. Please. Please. Pllllllease bring us through this in tact and whole and alive and healthy and happy and content.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Except of course for the reference to your specific circumstances and the magnification of the prayer those circmstances bring uniquely to you, I can so relate to this prayer! I bet many, many parents can. Thanks for articulating & sharing it.

8/1/07 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats