3.15.2007

We Love You Frannie


Our doggie Fran who hasn't been technically our dog now for almost 2 years died last night. She went to live with a wonderful, heavenly family that had a huge yard and woods and a lake across the street and 4 active and fun kids when we realized we were moving to the city and didn't know if we'd be able to keep her.

She was a sweet and wonderful friend. She was odd in many ways. She was silly and walked funny because she miraculously survived breaking her neck in 2001. We got her when she was 6 months old. She came from the Humane Society in Duluth - all they could tell us was the street they found her on and that they named her after a can of Libby baked beans.

We re-named her Fran - after San Francisco - because that was the name that she perked her ears up about. I don't remember all of the other names we considered - just that Berkeley was also on the list and I was sort of partial to that one.

I hope little Frannie that they have an unending supply of doggie beds and blankets you can hump in heaven. I hope you can run like before you got hurt. I hope there is an endless supply of balls to catch and ropes to tug and flies to chase around. I hope your knees feel great.

I love you.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, Aron and Sara, I cried. Frannie was a sweet part of our lives and we have many happy, fun memories of her. I can see her jumping and running with the angels, bringing smiles to all the saints in heaven just as she gave to the saints on this earth.

Love & blessings, Vicki

16/3/07 11:53 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Francine. San Fran-tastic. Fran-a-lisious. Fran.

She was a sweet and funny dog. I can attest that the family she lived with the last two years made her a very happy dog. The last time I saw her it seemed that she actually had all the attention she needed. And THAT is a wonderful and amazing thing.

17/3/07 9:31 PM  
Blogger CWB said...

sorry to hear about frannie... hopefully she and issac are doggie-friends in doggie-heaven

18/3/07 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet of you to post about Fran. I can't believe that I didn't know the origin of her name!

I just posted an essay entitled "Caring for Fran" on my blog...

18/3/07 5:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We're having a hard time breaking the news to Boomer...remember the "school picture" Boomer gave Fran years ago?

19/3/07 8:58 PM  
Blogger Jess P. said...

Oh man, maybe Fran and her gender-bender buddy Milhouse are running around in doggy heaven. Oh man, that makes me sad.

22/3/07 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats