And Then There Were More
Naomi's language continues to expand. She now says bubble, bzzzzz for what a bee says, Mama, Dah dah, Pana for Nana and Papa, some version of Gahhhhhh for Grandma and Grandpa, dahhhhh gee for dog thanks to Henry and Terry's dog Tinker who Naomi loves loves LOVES and of course her first word uh oh.
Oh how screwed are you when your child's first word is uh oh.
We also discovered that Naomi knows who everyone is around her. When asked where Eliot or Daddy or Mama or any number of other people are she looks at them or walks up to them. Even our neighbor Summer seems to be recognized.
These little bits and pieces feel so ordinary and so extraordinary at the same time. Its as if and It think this is true with all kids, she is the one who knows it all and she is just waiting while we figure it out. Not that she knows it all - I mean we're going to have to teach her where her belly button is and all of those other life details. She knows what she knows and isn't trying to show us that she knows it. We just happen to trip over her knowing.
I felt that way with Eliot and I see that with my niece and nephew too. It feels a bit more profound with Naomi because she is my kid and because with Eliot I was there paying rapt attention all the time. Naomi's status as number two and as number two while number one goes through major treatment and her general personality make it so I'm not really there most of the time realizing what she has figured out.
Oh how screwed are you when your child's first word is uh oh.
We also discovered that Naomi knows who everyone is around her. When asked where Eliot or Daddy or Mama or any number of other people are she looks at them or walks up to them. Even our neighbor Summer seems to be recognized.
These little bits and pieces feel so ordinary and so extraordinary at the same time. Its as if and It think this is true with all kids, she is the one who knows it all and she is just waiting while we figure it out. Not that she knows it all - I mean we're going to have to teach her where her belly button is and all of those other life details. She knows what she knows and isn't trying to show us that she knows it. We just happen to trip over her knowing.
I felt that way with Eliot and I see that with my niece and nephew too. It feels a bit more profound with Naomi because she is my kid and because with Eliot I was there paying rapt attention all the time. Naomi's status as number two and as number two while number one goes through major treatment and her general personality make it so I'm not really there most of the time realizing what she has figured out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home