Half Way Through Hell
This past Thursday marked half way through the hardest part of Eliot's treatment. We've passed through the first 2 weeks of hell called being diagnosed and being in the hospital. We've passed the following 2 weeks of being home and steroids. We've passed the next month which included 3 spinal taps. We've passed the month after that (the month that just ended) that was a pretty easy ride. We have another month ahead of us that looks to be another pretty easy deal. We even get a week off. No clinic visit - woot!
Then we have 3 weeks of steroids followed by 3 weeks of a drug Eliot hasn't had. And we have several shots of drugs that look scary to me.
So up ahead we have an easy month and then 2 hard months. Then it will be the end of June. Then we'll get to the thing they call 'maintenance' which goes on and on and on until March of 2010. That's what they call the easy part. Lots of medicine at home. Freedom to go where we please. Clinic appointments once a month from what I can tell. Pretty easy sailing.
We just have to get there.
We just have to get there.
We just have to get there.
We just have to get there.
We just have to get there.
I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.
Then we have 3 weeks of steroids followed by 3 weeks of a drug Eliot hasn't had. And we have several shots of drugs that look scary to me.
So up ahead we have an easy month and then 2 hard months. Then it will be the end of June. Then we'll get to the thing they call 'maintenance' which goes on and on and on until March of 2010. That's what they call the easy part. Lots of medicine at home. Freedom to go where we please. Clinic appointments once a month from what I can tell. Pretty easy sailing.
We just have to get there.
We just have to get there.
We just have to get there.
We just have to get there.
We just have to get there.
I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.

2 Comments:
i think you can
but there are a lot of days between now and then. you need a more short term focus, i think. btw, been thinking about this jesus story thing. seems like a good thing
Post a Comment
<< Home