Update on Our Financial Situation
So we have yet more clarification on what our insurance does and doesn't cover. We'll pay $2000 this year for Eliot PLUS a $12 co-pay on his medicine which is turning out to be about $60 a month and a $25 co-pay for each office visit which will be about $100 a month until July when it will become $25-$50 a month.
So I'm still feeling pretty darn lucky in this area.
If nothing changes - which it always does - I'm guessing once Eliot gets out of this challenging part our monthly costs will be around $100-$125 plus a quarterly bill of around $400 for spinal taps.
We've received - this is a humbling number that makes me take a huge deep breath - $3,733.51 in financial gifts. We have $2414.66 left in that account right now. I laid out in detail what these gifts will be used for in this blog post. We've been fortunate enough to only need to spend $80 of this for babysitting. We've had A LOT of help with babysitting.
Thank you to everyone who has given us their time and food and support and money and prayers. I can't keep up with the thank you notes. Thank you. I'm humbled. I'm amazed. I'm learning so much about what giving really is. Thank you. Thank you. Holy shit. Thank you.
So I'm still feeling pretty darn lucky in this area.
If nothing changes - which it always does - I'm guessing once Eliot gets out of this challenging part our monthly costs will be around $100-$125 plus a quarterly bill of around $400 for spinal taps.
We've received - this is a humbling number that makes me take a huge deep breath - $3,733.51 in financial gifts. We have $2414.66 left in that account right now. I laid out in detail what these gifts will be used for in this blog post. We've been fortunate enough to only need to spend $80 of this for babysitting. We've had A LOT of help with babysitting.
Thank you to everyone who has given us their time and food and support and money and prayers. I can't keep up with the thank you notes. Thank you. I'm humbled. I'm amazed. I'm learning so much about what giving really is. Thank you. Thank you. Holy shit. Thank you.

1 Comments:
This is also about learning to receive...something that can be as challenging to learn. God's grace coming and going. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home