4.17.2007

Bless You..

The whole bed time routine has been re-worked around here by Eliot in the past few weeks. He wants to sleep in Naomi's room and so has been sleeping in the pack-n-play in her room. He doesn't want to do bless you's. He just wants to hang out and laugh with Naomi for about 35 minutes and then pass out and sleep all night long.

Tonight I sneezed and he said, 'bless you Mama' and that turned into me saying 'bless you Eliot' and him saying 'no'. Then he told me to say bless you Naomi and then Daddy and he said 'no' after each one. I went through the whole family and all of the people he blesses when he blesses people.

I bet I went through twenty people. All of his aunts and uncles. Gosh more than 20 people. Every one at church. His cousins. Our neighbors. Their dogs. Everyone. After every single one he said, 'no.'

Then I said, 'bless you worms' -- we've been digging worms (a lot of worms) out of the back yard lately - which is a whole blog post that deserves writing. He got a huge smile on his face and said in his sweetie pie Eliot voice 'bless you worms.' Then. 'Bless you worms in the dirt,' 'bless you worms at home,' 'bless you worms Eliot dug.'

Bless you worms. You defenseless, dirt eating, dirt pooping, always male and female oddities of our urban back yard. Bless you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats