Coming Home
So much of my life over the past few months has felt like coming home. I'm returning to a new version of the old me. Happy. Creative. In love. Full of ideas. Energetic. Showered.
Tonight I came home from work and found Aron and the kids busy making their new favorite Monday night dinner - pancakes and bacon.
The kids were sitting on the counter, Eliot was stirring some of the mix, bacon was frying, Aron was in just a white t-shirt, Naomi was hanging out.
It was beautiful.
Naomi asked me what I was wearing around my neck.
I said it was a necklace and that I like it very much
Eliot told me how he had dropped a whole bunch of blocks on his leg and it hurt and he laid on the couch and Daddy took care of him.
Naomi told me to take off my jacket - which she does every day I come home wearing a suit.
Just as I went downstairs Eliot asked me if I showed everyone my necklace. He asked in the most genuine, curious way. Why wouldn't I show everyone at work my pretty necklace.
My whole being was taken over by love for him.
It carried me all the way down the steps to take off my grown up clothes and put on my mommy clothes. And putting on my mommy clothes just wasn't so bad.
Tonight I came home from work and found Aron and the kids busy making their new favorite Monday night dinner - pancakes and bacon.
The kids were sitting on the counter, Eliot was stirring some of the mix, bacon was frying, Aron was in just a white t-shirt, Naomi was hanging out.
It was beautiful.
Naomi asked me what I was wearing around my neck.
I said it was a necklace and that I like it very much
Eliot told me how he had dropped a whole bunch of blocks on his leg and it hurt and he laid on the couch and Daddy took care of him.
Naomi told me to take off my jacket - which she does every day I come home wearing a suit.
Just as I went downstairs Eliot asked me if I showed everyone my necklace. He asked in the most genuine, curious way. Why wouldn't I show everyone at work my pretty necklace.
My whole being was taken over by love for him.
It carried me all the way down the steps to take off my grown up clothes and put on my mommy clothes. And putting on my mommy clothes just wasn't so bad.

5 Comments:
Wonderful post:)
aw geez This is a fantastic post. I mean that in two ways - it's really well-written but it also makes me feel super darned happy for you.
I'm seeing the return of balance, and it's great!
Dadder
Hope you can always remember this time! Mom
Two different parts of one life combined in to one great one.
The joy we feel watching a busy Elliot and copy cat Naiomi on Sundays makes my heart warm...gloria
Post a Comment
<< Home