Unsolicited Hug
I washed the kids' sheets today and made their beds.
When I made Eliot's I put sheets on the bed and nicely (as nicely as I ever do this) put his Transformers blanket on the top and folded over the top.
It was one of 60 kajillion household chores I did today and it just sort of blended in with the rest. Not long after I did it Eliot came into his room and jumped on the bed. And rolled around. And exclaimed how happy he was that I made his bed like that.
Then he jumped off the bed and ran over to me and gave me a hug.
Unsolicited.
Unexpected.
Real.
A real live hug.
Thank you for making my bed like that Mama.
He jumped back on the bed. Said he felt so comfortable in his bed. Stood on the edges and wanted me to see how he was on his bed.
He was all bright eyes and wild about his bed.
Meanwhile I kept sorting laundry.
At the time it was just a moment in the day. Just another time I was being asked to spread my attention across 2 kids and whatever I was trying to do.
Later tho I realized, Eliot gave me an unprovoked, appreciative hug.
It was freaking great.
When I made Eliot's I put sheets on the bed and nicely (as nicely as I ever do this) put his Transformers blanket on the top and folded over the top.
It was one of 60 kajillion household chores I did today and it just sort of blended in with the rest. Not long after I did it Eliot came into his room and jumped on the bed. And rolled around. And exclaimed how happy he was that I made his bed like that.
Then he jumped off the bed and ran over to me and gave me a hug.
Unsolicited.
Unexpected.
Real.
A real live hug.
Thank you for making my bed like that Mama.
He jumped back on the bed. Said he felt so comfortable in his bed. Stood on the edges and wanted me to see how he was on his bed.
He was all bright eyes and wild about his bed.
Meanwhile I kept sorting laundry.
At the time it was just a moment in the day. Just another time I was being asked to spread my attention across 2 kids and whatever I was trying to do.
Later tho I realized, Eliot gave me an unprovoked, appreciative hug.
It was freaking great.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home