1.06.2007

I Went There

I did this once before. I think during the horrible time between getting to the hospital and finding out exactly what was wrong with Eliot. This morning while walking into the co-op the thought of having to hold a wake for Eliot crossed my mind. I started thinking about whether I'd want him to lie on his back in the coffin with that hands across the chest pose or on his side sucking his thumb in a sort of fakey 'I'm just napping' kind of pose.

I didn't decide. Thankfully that is not a bridge I need to cross today and probably won't have to cross. Thankfully I can't make that decision today. I'm so glad I don't know how I'd want it because I'm not there yet.

I cried a little bit while I walked into the co-op and skipped the produce section and went straight to the isle where they sell sponges. I found some really awesome sponges that are really flat when you buy them and when they get wet they get bigger and look like normal sponges.

I guess that's how life is. From thinking about coffins in the parking lot to picking out sponges in isle two. Just that fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats