1.08.2007

More Yumminess

This recipe is for my friend Mo's enchiladas. There were a few days there when these were my thing to look forward to. I'd think, okay 2 more hours until Eliot's nap. Then I get to go get enchiladas. Then I'd be tortured for those two hours and inevitably Eliot wouldn't go to bed on time. Finally when I got to the enchiladas it was such a treat.

Enchiladas:

Dice 1 onion and half a head of garlic. Saute in 1 tsp cumin and 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar. Cook until onions are done or until balsamic vinegar is done.

Boil 1-2 cups of water and then add 1 cup bulgar wheat. (You can turn down or off the boiling water). When Bulgar is soft, dump any extra water. Add 2 cans black beans and onion mixture in bulgar. Mix.

Buy 1 large can of red enchilada sauce.

Buy 1 dozen corn tortillas.

Buy a bunch of shredded cheese.

Now, layer everything. Start with a coating of enchilada sauce on the pan so your tortillas won't stick. Then, rip tortillas into halves or quarters and cover bottom of pan. Put 1/2 of bulgar/bean/onion mixture. Put 1/2 of sauce and cover with cheese. Then, tortillas, bulgar, sauce, and cheese once more. Sometimes on the top, I cut up a bell pepper so it looks pretty. Mo put the red pepper on the enchiladas we have and Naomi LOVES them.

You can also add olives, but I never do because Daron hates them. So EASY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats