5.31.2007

And Now For My Daily Dose of Irony

I was on the phone a few hours ago with a friend whose daughter was just diagnosed with leukemia.

This family has been through hell really. Their amazing daughter has downs syndrome, she has had heart surgery (maybe even 2) and now she has leukemia.

How much can one family handle??

We were chatting and I was telling her how Eliot has 1 week left of the hard part of his treatment. I was telling her how things really have gone quite well and if this week is hard at least its just 1 week.

I told her how Naomi has cruised along this whole time mostly unfazed by the whole thing.

Then minutes later Eliot threw up. He threw up on his blanket. On his shirt. On his pants. On the couch. On the ottoman. On several towels.

He barfed supreme.

It was a major barf-o-rama.

He cried. He screamed.

Naomi cried. Naomi screamed. She seemed worried. She seemed freaked out actually.

Aron was tending to Eliot. I was tending to the mess. I was still talking on the phone.

Naomi was freaking out.

Yes. Just when I said things were great. Naomi was unharmed. Eliot was floating along like a beer bellied man on the Apple River our living room was filled with barf, our infant freaked out and Eliot screamed.

Ah yes. Just when I said we were in the clear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats