The Glory Days
Sunday was one of those days that the memory of I will use someday to inadvertently torture some disgruntled stay at home mom by telling her the years I was home with my kids were the best years of my life.After the kids got up from their naps we went to Lake Calhoun and had a picnic and threw rocks in the lake and flew a kite and walked along the beach and laughed and had a completely fantastic time.
We met a family with a 6 week old baby that was even bigger than Eliot was when he was born.
I gave them some baby wipes because they had run out. I got to tell them it will get easier and that they look great and are doing a great job. I got to feel like a skilled mother.
They were the first people we don't know to ever ask about Eliot's bald head. They just assumed he was a baldy kid. They said he looks so healthy they never would have guessed he is in treatment. Which I guess explains why absolutly no one else has asked about him since his diagnosis.
Its true too. Eliot was supposed to be throwing up this week and really tired.
Not.
He has been in good spirits and feeling great all week.
If this is your kid.

And this is your kid on chemo.

How wild and crazy must your kid be when the chemo goes away?
Watch out world here comes one seriously energetic and hearty kid.

1 Comments:
Naomi, you look so cute in the clothes your Mama and Aunties wore! Eliot, it looks as if I'll have to make up a song about something other than pasta!
Nana
Post a Comment
<< Home