5.31.2007

You Say Gnomey I Say Noma

Eliot has been calling Naomi Gnomey. Not gah nomi. No me. Gnomey.

All of a sudden yesterday he started calling her No ma. No ma.

Mama. What Noma doing?

No. Noma!

Where Noma.

When I was still pregnant with Naomi we came up with the name Naomi and thought a nick name for her might be Me Mer. The last syllable of her first and last names. Me Mer. Cute.

I laughed about how we'd give her a beautiful name and then end up calling her Me Mer.

Then Eliot started calling her No me and I thought - well - Naomi is now No me. She was destined to be called anything but Naomi.

And now No ma.

No ma.

Its kind of cute.

You think someday when Naomi is the queen of all butt kickers they'll refer to her as No ma?

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

No ma sounds like how central americans say No mas! - no more. I think it's fitting that such a spunky kid should be called no more!

31/5/07 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no ma!"

Dadder

1/6/07 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats