1.06.2007

Eliot's First Crush


Eliot is madly in love with Sally the car from Car's the movie. This week he received a Smack and Yak Sally from his God Daddy Erik and a McDonald's Happy Meal Toy from his Nana and Papa. Have you ever seen a happier kid?He repeatedly wants to watch 'Sally the movie'.

In the name of full disclosure I have to say Sally may actually be his second real crush or perhaps third. Once when he was about a year old he seemed to be madly in love with a waitress (I think at Perkins) and he does have a strong affinity for our friend Ivy who is just a month older than Naomi.

I've been known to refer to Ivy as his girlfriend mostly because he does speak with great sweetness in his voice when he speaks of Ivy and because it brings me great joy to think he could some day marry Ivy (can we say pushy mother - goodness Sara?!?!?!!) because Ivy's parents are super duper cool.

5 Comments:

Blogger E said...

I had to respond to this one, Sara! It seems that Noah and Eliot have something (at least one thing) in common. Noah just got his first "Sally Car," who has not left his hand for the past 3 days. I think "crush" is an understatement.

To illustrate: Noah has had a Lightning McQueen car for a couple months now. He's really been the favorite toy, even through Christmas. When he got the new Sally from his Nana, he hid the LM at her house, wouldn't tell anyone where he was, and didn't want to take him home. I think he didn't want any competition...

Emily G.

6/1/07 6:05 PM  
Blogger wildknits said...

And from another persepective re: his human crushes: When they do get older and start dating, those kids raised by the really cool parents are too much like siblings to be considered dating material. (VBS) Instead, you hope the young people they choose to date were raised by equally cool parents, even if you do not know them :->

Glad to see Eliot looking like a typical 2.5 yr old. Many of us at Peace Church are holding you all in our prayers.

6/1/07 9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm so glad the Sally car arrived. Erik and I hit several Targets in Minnesota and Missouri in search of Sally. She must be popular because we couldn't find her anywhere. Thank God for the internet! :)

7/1/07 12:50 PM  
Blogger Caminante said...

Those dimples are fetching!! :) You're still on our prayer list at Saint Mary's. Lee

7/1/07 3:16 PM  
Blogger Jess P. said...

Ha! That's great, Addie think's "Cars" is a Mommy movie. She's not very interested in it. It certainly doesn't rank up there with Cinderella! Girls are just different I think.

8/1/07 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats