Mmmmmmmmmm
I'm so blown away by the food people have been bringing to us I had to share. This recipe is for some soup that I ate for 2 out of 3 meals today (breakfast and dinner - yes I ate soup for breakfast mmmmmmmmm).
Jane Eschweiler brought the soup over for our lunch yesterday. The version we have has chick peas, fava beans and red kidney beans in it.
Simple Soup
Basic recipe, inspired by “Cooking in a Small Kitchen”
1 can of beans ( red, chili, garbanzo, kidney, fava, etc.) rinsed well
1/2 can water or broth
1 tblsp tomato sauce or paste (I use jarred spaghetti sauce that always lives in my fridge.)
1 tblsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
a little pasta, leftover rice or oatmeal
thyme - pinch, crushed
pepper
Put beans in pot with water and crush half of them with a wooden spoon. Heat while you add each of the other ingredients (except pasta/rice/oatmeal). (I really love the oatmeal.)
Simmer for 15 minutes. Add pasta for last 10 minutes or oatmeal, or cooked rice for last five minutes.
If I want to serve more people, I add a can of stewed tomatoes and more cans of beans. I like to use several kinds of beans. Then I multiply the oil, garlic and tomato sauce. (garlic, garlic, garlic, garlic, etc.)
Basil (or herbs de Provence) gives it a little different feel than the thyme
Tabasco warms it up
Cooking time is 15 minutes! (I start the heat as I start the preparations, wet stuff in first.)
Once, I had unexpected friends drop in and had lunch on the table in a half hour. We chatted while I assembled the soup and tore some lettuce for salad. I keep all of the ingredients on hand.
Bon appetite!
Jane Eschweiler brought the soup over for our lunch yesterday. The version we have has chick peas, fava beans and red kidney beans in it.
Simple Soup
Basic recipe, inspired by “Cooking in a Small Kitchen”
1 can of beans ( red, chili, garbanzo, kidney, fava, etc.) rinsed well
1/2 can water or broth
1 tblsp tomato sauce or paste (I use jarred spaghetti sauce that always lives in my fridge.)
1 tblsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
a little pasta, leftover rice or oatmeal
thyme - pinch, crushed
pepper
Put beans in pot with water and crush half of them with a wooden spoon. Heat while you add each of the other ingredients (except pasta/rice/oatmeal). (I really love the oatmeal.)
Simmer for 15 minutes. Add pasta for last 10 minutes or oatmeal, or cooked rice for last five minutes.
If I want to serve more people, I add a can of stewed tomatoes and more cans of beans. I like to use several kinds of beans. Then I multiply the oil, garlic and tomato sauce. (garlic, garlic, garlic, garlic, etc.)
Basil (or herbs de Provence) gives it a little different feel than the thyme
Tabasco warms it up
Cooking time is 15 minutes! (I start the heat as I start the preparations, wet stuff in first.)
Once, I had unexpected friends drop in and had lunch on the table in a half hour. We chatted while I assembled the soup and tore some lettuce for salad. I keep all of the ingredients on hand.
Bon appetite!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home