Ug
Today was hard. It was a hard day. It was Aron's first Sunday back which meant I had both kids on my own from waking up this morning until they went to bed. Neither napped. Eliot whined for a very good chunk of the day. I took them on two drives. I fed Naomi McDonald's. I feel like I was feeding one or both of them every minute of the day I wasn't out driving. I kept up with dishes until 2pm and then gave up.
I had one major accomplishment today. Well two. Everyone here is still alive and doing at least as well as they were this morning - well except for Aron who now has a horrible cold. I also managed to clean up all 85 meals we ate (or at least prepared - Eliot asks for a lot of things he doesn't actually want anymore by the time they get in front of him).
I'm the most impressively bad ass wilted flower on the face of the planet.
I had one major accomplishment today. Well two. Everyone here is still alive and doing at least as well as they were this morning - well except for Aron who now has a horrible cold. I also managed to clean up all 85 meals we ate (or at least prepared - Eliot asks for a lot of things he doesn't actually want anymore by the time they get in front of him).
I'm the most impressively bad ass wilted flower on the face of the planet.

2 Comments:
Dear Sara and Aron, it sounds to me like you two have your hands full. I wish I were closer to be of some sort of help - God only knows what that would be! Maybe I could walk each of you, one at a time to the co-op. I know that things will settle into a routine and maybe some of the mystery of the illness and the expectations of yourselves and others will become clearer, but it really is "one step at a time." Consider saying the Serenity Prayer when things get tough. There is so much that we can't control, but, being the folk we are, we don't get that message easily.
Have you connected with other parent/kids yet? It seems like other parents are the very best sort of people to help. As is always the case, if you've done it you understand it. All those ___Anon groups are a living tribute to that philosophy. How well I do know about THAT! We need a Teach_____Anon group just for teachers! The thought of quitting sends me into paroxysms of fear and trembling at the same time as I break out in hives from the stress of the job [and that's before the first day of the new school year commences - tomorrow]. But, I already itch like crazy! Trust me, Eliot and Naomi do not need itcy parents so before you succumb to chronic uticaria [Aron, it could run in the family], get thee to a support group. YOU WILL LOVE IT! There may be others there who will scratch your itches for you! Then, let me know - I will fly out on my broom and with my handy electronic massager, attend. It'll be a new take on things - you scratch my back and I'll massage your ... what? Neck? That's good.
All right, this is silly, but... I believe in support groups and clearly, I wouldn't be much support. I don't think that necessarily runs in the family.
You and your dear sweet family are in my prayers each day [as well as on the church prayer list]. Do not despair, let people like me [is that a good recommendation] help - afterall, what else can we do anyway.
Hugs and kisses all around and much love, Sally
At church today another mom & I had to chase our kids around the church while the preacher commented (I have not the slightest idea what the sermon was even about - 1/2 of the comment about the kids was all of the sermon I managed to hear), I spent more time going back and forth between the bathroom and the Sunday School art room cleaning up paint and glitter than the kids spent using it...but there were good things too and I think even the hard parts were a drop in the bucket compaired to your all day marathon attached to issues more challenging and less controllable. We'll look forward to the day you can at least join us again in the challenges on the rug at church.
Post a Comment
<< Home